Wednesday 31 March 2010

Magazine Pre Production Progress Report

Initially the pre productions for my individual coursework task started a number of months ago as my lecturer ran a few workshops for the class on how too use Photoshop.
With the main part of my magazine pre production underway I have began to develop my ideas into the product using the software programme Photoshop. It was during the pre production that I decided that the best already existing magazine to use as a style model would be ‘Sight and Sound’ So far I feel that what I have produced is coming along really well and the only problems in which I have encountered are due to my inexperience using the software. Which are easily resolved through either experimenting or by asking my lecturer specific questions about how to do it.
The pre production for my magazine cover has taken longer than I would have anticipated. The reason for this being as I examine my case studies I am bombarded with many codes and conventions and I find that I am not short on things to say. I feel the reason in which I am able to identify such things so easily is due to my previous study of magazines with regards to theorist. Form this information obtained I have been able to draw a draft of what I expect my magazine cover to turn out like. I am aware that some of my ideas may not be possible however I wish to stick as closely to my draft as possible. As I feel that through the research which I have done I have been able to make informed decisions which should produce the best effects.
It was at some point during the pre production stage that I decided on what sub titles I would include on my magazine cover. This involved me identifying a lexical style in which the Sight and Sound magazine used. It was noticed by me that Sight and Sound used very few sub titles however the ones which were included were vital to lure the target audience. One thing in which I did note with regards to sub titles was the fact that they used people’s names to inform the reader of who had written the article inside or who it featured.
I have completed an ideas blast of things which I need to include on my own magazine cover as part of its development as well as a SWOT analysis which has highlighted threats and weaknesses which I need to try and overcome in order for my magazine cover to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment