Thursday 15 April 2010

Progress Report Pre-Production Web Page

Having now completed my research into case study material for my webpage I am now looking to develop a draft or a plan of what I would like my webpage to look like. My research has provided me with information on codes and conventions as well as the sorts of information which are included on film promoting websites. Out of all of the tasks in which I have had to complete the research into websites has been the most challenging. The reason why I feel this has been the case is due to the fact that although websites for films of the same genre use similar codes and conventions there are many different items included on each different case study that I have looked at. Especially when you compare the layouts of websites to that of magazines. For instance for each magazine brand there is a certain layout style which you should follow, but with websites there are so many different things you can do. On the positive side this allows for a large degree of creativity when developing the website.
All of the websites that I looked at included a trailer preview for the film they were advertising. I am not going to include this on my own website because I feel the focus should be more about identifying and using correctly the codes and conventions. However if I were to take my advanced portfolio further this would be something I would consider including onto my website.
From examining my case study material it became clear that many of the codes and conventions used in both the trailer and the magazine cover can be identified on the webpage’s. All of which can be directly related to the genre of the film horror. For example the use of reds and blacks and other dark colours form the majority of the colour schemes in place on my case study materials. It was at this stage that I decided the use of serif fonts would be most appropriate for the film title and other film related information with regards to the genre of the film. However I do intend to use non serif fonts for the selection of information at the bottom of my website to help differentiate the information form the advertisement text.
I have completed an ideas blast of things which I need to include on my own webpage as part of its development as well as a SWOT analysis which has highlighted threats and weaknesses which I need to try and overcome in order for my website to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment