Wednesday 14 April 2010

Website Picture


This is the picture which I have decided to use for my website. My intension is to have it positioned in the centre of the page with the title of the film above it. Although happy with the picture I am going to edit it in a number of ways. This will include making the photograph appear to have an oval outline. Further editing will include removing a smear on the lens of the camera which I visible on the photograph. I will also turn the photograph black and white as this desexualises the picture. I feel this is appropriate as the photograph is that of the antagonist. Moreover when in black and white the shine from the blade of the knife is more striking.
I have chosen this picture for a number of reasons; firstly it is of the antagonist in character with the knife behind his back. This reiterates the innocence of the protagonists as they are unaware about what is happening. Additionally this helps to build enigma and suspense. This is a common convention of horror movies. Another reason that I chose this photograph is because it has been taken so that it is not possible to see the antagonists head. This devises a link between the trailer and my website as throughout the trailer the identity of the antagonist is never revealed. This provides a hook which will entice audience members to go and see the film to find out who it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment